12 degrees is delighted to offer the ultimate team building event, allowing participants to perform and record a song in the world-renowned Abbey Road Studios. A truly iconic symbol both in the British and worldwide music scene, Abbey Road Studios have been at the heart of the UK music industry for more than 80 years.
This is a fantastic and unique experience – available to all, even those with no previous musical experience.
Playing in a band is a uniting experience that not only requires close team work but also through performance creates a level playing that will break boundaries, encourage fun and develop confidence and group interaction.
Previous participants have described the event as “achieving the impossible” and “fantastic, a dream. Nothing can ever top that.” The day is split into two sections – instrumental tuition and then group rehearsal and performance.
Times can be flexible but as a guide, introduction/instrumental tuition 14:00- 16:00, rehearsal/performance 17:00 – 20:00. The instrumental tuition will take place in groups split by instrument (drums, bass, guitar, keyboards and vocals) and the tutor will offer an introduction to the instrument/music notation, followed by one-on-one guidance on the parts required for the performance.
The rock band experience is supposed to be enjoyable, fun and inclusive so a relaxed and welcoming approach is adopted by the tutors throughout. The songs for the band to perform are carefully chosen and arranged to allow complete beginners the opportunity to learn simple parts that contribute to the band performing an authentic version of a pop classic.
The audio for the performance can be recorded and presented back on CD as a record of the day.
Recommended Group Size: 75 -100
Pricing: from £375 per person + VAT depending upon requirements
What is included?
- Rental of space at Abbey Road Studios
- Tuition All instruments and equipment Technical staff
- Online participant registration and dedicated event website
- In-house catering at Abbey Road Studios
- Live Karaoke Band in the evening – this offers your participants the chance to perform on stage with a top professional fully live band.
- The show comes complete with top quality PA, stage lighting, sound engineer and an immensely talented and experienced singer/compere who leads the show and is on hand to help prompt guest singers if needed.
In short we tailor the day to meet your own objectives from the event.We do have other recording studios we work with if you are looking to accomodate a smaller group.
Please get in touch to discuss your individual requirements further. 0845 491 8743 firstname.lastname@example.org